featuring Marc Meyers
Whitaker Jazz Speaks Series
Wall Street Journal contributor and author of Why Jazz Happened, Marc Myers, explores the development of West Coast and Cool Jazz through the many factors outside of jazz itself that contributed to their growth and development. Paired with Myer's talk will be a performance of the music of Dave Brubeck, Modern Jazz Quartet, Gerry Mulligan, and Miles Davis's complete Birth of Cool.
Please note the following seating policies:
· Admission is free, however everyone must have a ticket to enter – regardless of age. Tickets can be obtained by contacting our box office at (314) 571-6000, or online at jazzstl.org. Please note that online orders are subject to a $1.50 per ticket convenience fee.
· There is an 8 ticket limit per person.
· Please arrive early. This performance has been overbooked to ensure a full house. A reservation does not guarantee a seat.
· Specific seats will be assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis on the night of the performance.
· Seats cannot be saved, and we are unable to seat incomplete parties. All members of a party must be present in order to have seats assigned.
· Most of our tables seat 4 people. For the safety and comfort of your fellow patrons and staff, we are unable to accommodate tables being pushed together, or the number of chairs to exceed the capacity of the table.