Harlem’s Renaissance will begin with a discussion by Dr. Gerald Early, Merle King Professor of Modern Letters at Washington University, of writers from the Harlem renaissance, and their depictions of life and jazz during that time. Following the discussion will be a performance of works from the Harlem Renaissance from artists including Duke Ellington, Fats Waller, Jelly Roll Morton, Bessie Smith, and Louis Armstrong.
Please note the following seating policies:
· Admission is free, however everyone must have a ticket to enter – regardless of age. Tickets can be obtained by contacting our box office at (314) 571-6000, or online at jazzstl.org. Please note that online orders are subject to a $1.50 per ticket convenience fee.
· There is an 8 ticket limit per person.
· Please arrive early. This performance has been overbooked to ensure a full house. A reservation does not guarantee a seat.
· Specific seats will be assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis on the night of the performance.
· Seats cannot be saved, and we are unable to seat incomplete parties. All members of a party must be present in order to have seats assigned.
· Most of our tables seat 4 people. For the safety and comfort of your fellow patrons and staff, we are unable to accommodate tables being pushed together, or the number of chairs to exceed the capacity of the table.