featuring author and Director of Research and Collections for the Louis Armstrong House Museum, Ricky Riccardi
The Whitaker Jazz Speaks Series
Ricky Riccardi is not only a Louis Armstrong expert, but he is also the author of What a Wonderful World: The Magic of Louis Armstrong's Later Years. An engaging orator, Riccardi discusses the importance and impact of Louis's early career, focusing on two of his best-known ensembles, the Hot Five and Hot Seven. Paired with Mr. Riccardi's talk will be a performance of the most famous material that resulted from these two ensembles.
Please note the following seating policies:
· Admission is free, however everyone must have a ticket to enter – regardless of age. Tickets can be obtained by contacting our box office at (314) 571-6000, or online at jazzstl.org. Please note that online orders are subject to a $1.50 per ticket convenience fee.
· There is an 8 ticket limit per person.
· Please arrive early. This performance has been overbooked to ensure a full house. A reservation does not guarantee a seat.
· Specific seats will be assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis on the night of the performance.
· Seats cannot be saved, and we are unable to seat incomplete parties. All members of a party must be present in order to have seats assigned.
· Most of our tables seat 4 people. For the safety and comfort of your fellow patrons and staff, we are unable to accommodate tables being pushed together, or the number of chairs to exceed the capacity of the table.